These cough drops are not only yummy, but also will give the cold a kick in the butt!
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of ground ginger- Or grate ginger and squeeze 1 tsp of the juice
- 2 cloves
- Cinnamon- Optional
- 1 tsp of honey
- Icing sugar- to coat
- In a saucepan, mix all the ingredients except the icing sugar
- Boil the mixture for around 20 mins on a low heat (Keep a close eye as it can easily burn)
- Once it forms a thick honey-like fluid, use a spoon and form drops
- Once cooled down, coat them with icing sugar to keep them from sticking to each other
- Store in a glass jar or tin with a lil bit of icing sugar
- Some recipes call for cornstarch to coat the cough drops. I wouldn’t suggest that as it tastes weird and yuck when you put it in your mouth. Stick to icing sugar and you’ll be fine.