Store-bought Vapor Rubs are full of nasty carcinogenic chemicals such as turpentine, petroleum and many more. You want that stuff no where near your body! Here is how to make a natural decongestant Vapor Rub!
Eucalyptus essential oil is great for your sinuses. It increases the amount of oxygen that your respiratory system absorbs, which then improves your circulation and gives oxygen to all cells in your body.
Peppermint essential oil helps to clear your passageways by stimulating your cold receptors. It can also regenerate and restore your immune system and will initially give you a cooling sensation, but soon the menthol in the oil will warm your skin.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/3 cup shea butter or coconut oil
- 1/4 cup grated bees wax
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops eucalyptus essential oil
Or if you don’t have these two e.o, just use:
- 40 drops Olbas Oil Inhalant- mix of oils
- Place the beeswax, shea butter and olive oil in a heatproof glass jar/jug
- Place the jar in a water bath and allow everything to melt
- Once melted, allow the mixture to cool down for a lil while
- Add the essential oils and stir well
- Pour the mixture in a small jar and use whenever needed!
Warning: Use carefully and follow the same instructions as on the e.o packages regarding the age of children allowed to use these products.