If you’re really useless in the kitchen, this curry is for you!
Time: 15 mins (prep)+ 30 mins (cooking)
Serves: 4 persons
300g diced pumpkin or butternut squash
1 1/2 cup red split lentils
3 cups hot water
1 can of chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 diced onion
3-4 garlic cloves
1 celery stick
1-2 chopped hot chillies- or chilli flakes
1 minced ginger knob
2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 coconut milk can
Fresh cilantro or parsley to garnish
Lemon or lime to garnish
- In a bit of oil, sauté the onion, bay leaf, star anise, garlic, celery, chilli and ginger.
- Add all the spices and roast.
- Add the pumpkin, chopped tomatoes, coconut milk, tomato paste and the split lentils.
- Cover with water and bring it to the boil.
- Lower the heat to medium and let it simmer.
- Keep a close eye and add water if needed.
- Once the lentils are cooked through and the pumpkin is tender turn the heat off.
- Add the spinach and allow it to wilt.
- Serve with rice and garnish with loads of cilantro and lime.