All I need is a sunny day and a nice legit sorbet. I have no control over the first, but the latter is all mine!
Serves: 4 people
Time: 10 mins (prep) + 12 hrs (freezing)
This syrup is the sweetener for the sorbet.
- 1 cup white granulated sugar- Or any other sweetener
- 1 cup water
- Over medium-high heat, add all the ingredients to a saucepan.
- Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved in the water.
- Allow it to cool down before you use it.
1 medium honeydew melon
1/4 cup lime juice
1 cup simple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to the blender and blend.
- Pour in container and freeze for 12hours.
- Allow the sorbet to soften for a few minutes before you serve.
- This sorbet keeps well in the freezer for about a month before it starts over-icing.
- Change honeydew for any other fruit you fancy- Mango, pineapple, berries work great.
- Sorbet is all about the perfect balance between sugar and juice. Here is how to find out. Drop an a clean dry egg into the mixture:
*Perfect balance: Nickle-sized eggshell shows above the liquid.
*Need more syrup: Less eggshell shows above the liquid.
*Need more juice or water: More eggshell shows above the liquid.