When somebody says “cauliflower is bland”, I just think to myself “You haven’t had it the right way yet, mate!”. These cauliflower wings are to-die for!
Time: 15 mins (prep)+ 30 mins (baking)
Serves: 3-4 persons
1 medium cauliflower chopped into flourettes
1 1/2 C flour
1/2 tsp ginger powder
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp dried rosemary
1 tsp paprika
- In a bowl, mix all the dry ingredients except cauliflower and breadcrumbs.
- Add water slowly to form a thick batter that sticks.
- Dip the flourettes in the batter.
- Coat them well with breadcrumbs.
- Oil a baking tray and Bake the “wings” until nice and golden brown- Flip them halfway through (180 C).
- Serve with a dip of your choice.
- DO NOT skip the breadcrumbs. It’s all about that crunch!
- Taste the batter and make sure it’s flavorful enough.
- The batter must to be really thick- you want it to stick to the flourettes.
- Use a fresh cauliflower. I’ve used “older” ones and they’re bitter!
- These wings don’t keep well. Make them and have them on the spot. If any are leftover, heat them in the over- broil.