Take your Mac n’ cheese game to the next level. The creaminess of the cheese sauce, the crunch of the veggies and the texture of pasta. This recipe is a winner and it’s VEGAN!
Prep & cooking time: 60 mins
3 chopped medium potatoes
2 chopped small carrots
3 tbsp pickle juice- Or Lemon juice
1 tsp nutmeg
Hempseed oil- Optional. It adds a seriously nutty flavor
- Boil the potatoes and carrots until fork tender.
- Strain the potatoes and keep some of the water.
- Add the potatoes, carrots and the rest of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Slowly, add some of the leftover water to adjust the consistency.
- Taste the cheese sauce and adjust the flavors.
*Use any veggies you fancy*
3 Handfuls of sliced mushrooms
1 Chopped onion
1 tbsp of oil
- Sautée all the veggies in the oil with the seasonings until golden brown.
- Add the cooked pasta, the cheese sauce and the sautéed veggies to a deep oven dish.
- Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top.
- Broil it for 10 mins or until golden brown.
- Garnish with basil leaves or cilantro aka coriander.