Only lately I found out about the Elderflower and I’m already obsessed! This cordial makes a great summer drink with a floral taste complimented with a citrusy flavor! Check out the health benefits of Elderflower- Benefits & information.
The season of the Elderflower in the UK is happening now (Late May- July). Hurry and get some of that goodness before the party is over!
- Elderflowers- As much as you want- the more the better
- Water- Enough to cover the elderflowers
- Lemon zest- To your preference
- Lemon juice- 1/2 cup for each 1 litre of water
- White sugar- 600g for each 1 litre of water
- Collect as much as you want of elderflowers.
- Do not wash. Shake it to remove any insects.
- Pack it tightly in a pot. Add lemon zest.
- Cover with water and bring to the boil.
- Simmer for 30 mins.
- Strain with a cheese cloth (Tiny insects will not get removed if you use a strainer instead of cheese cloth).
- Add the lemon juice and sugar and stir until all dissolved.
- Store in sterilized glass jars and keep in the fridge.
- Dilute with water or a drink of your choice.
- Use within a few weeks.