Pumpkin seeds are a powerhouse loaded with magnesium, manganese, copper, protein, zinc and many more. Garnish your soups with them, toasts or just a have them as a snack!
Prep time: 5 mins + 15 mins (roasting)
Neutrally flavored oil- E.g: Sunflower oil
- Scrape the seeds and the strings of the membrane from the pumpkin.
- Rinse the seeds in a bowl of water.
- Spread them onto a baking tray.
- Add a touch of oil.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper.
- Add cayenne pepper or chilli flakes or any spices you fancy- Optional.
- Mix together until well-coated.
- Bake at 180°C (350°F) for around 10-15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown.
- Leave to cool before you store in an airtight container.
- The seeds burn quickly, keep an eye on them.
- Shovel around every 5 mins to roast them evenly.
- you can do the same to butternut squash seeds and pumpkin cousins.