Y’all wait for fall (aka autumn) to eat pumpkin stuff? Uh uh, mama bear needs no season to eat anything pumpkin flavored!
Pumpkin purée is great for making pumpkin pies, muffins, cakes, creamy pasta and the list goes on and on!
Prep time: 5 mins + 45mins (roasting)
- Chop the pumpkin in half and remove the seeds and fibres.
- Place the halves unto an oven tray.
- Sprinkle a touch of salt and massage it through.
- Lay the halves flesh side down.
- Roast for 35-45 mins at 200°C (400F) until the flesh is fork-tender.
- Allow it to cool down before you scoop the flesh.
- Process in a food processor or a mill until smooth and creamy (Don’t add any water).
- Keep it in the fridge for 4 days or freeze it for up to 6 months.
- Cinderella pumpkins are sweet and great for pumpkin purée.