Can anybody tell me why apple cider vinegar is ridiculously expensive?! Make your own and save those pennies, friends! ACV has amazing health benefits, can be used for vinaigrettes, as a deodorizer, to preserve food, all-purpose cleaner and the list goes on and on!
1L non-chlorinated water (Pure/mineral)
- Chop the apples including the cores- I peeled mine because they aren’t organic.
- Place them in a glass bottle with a wide opening.
- Add sugar then water until the apple are covered.
- Close the bottle and shake until the sugar dissolves.
- Put the cover on top of the bottle but don’t close it to allow CO2 to escape.
- Let it sit at room temperature for 10 days shaking it everyday.
- After 10 days, strain and pour it in a sterilized bottle.
- Cover the bottle with the lid but don’t close it. Let it mature for 6 weeks.
Quick & easy process!
- Don’t use tap water as chlorine inhibits the fermentation process.
- During the first 10 days you will notice froth on top. That’s the fermentation process in progress.
- Use a glass bottle instead of a bowl to shake it everyday with no fuss.
- If you can’t find the soy sauce dispenser, use a cheesecloth and rubber band to secure it.