Packaging ain’t much of an issue when it comes to bath bombs as you can get them package-free from Lush and a few other stores. However, they can cost a lot of money. So, making your own ain’t only cheaper, but also customized to your own personal taste!
All the ingredients were purchased in paper packaging or with zero packaging. The links are listed below.
- 1 C citric acid- From Wilko
- 2 C baking/ Bicarbonate of soda- From Wilko
- 1-2 tsp essential oil- I used grapefruit from Livemoor
- 1-2 tbsp water- more or less
If you wanna be a lil’ fancy dancy, you can add any of the following ingredients:
- Food coloring- I extract mine from fruits and veggies
- Dry herbs
- Lemon zest
- Epsom salt- Use the same amount as citric acid
- Cinnamon powder
- Coconut oil
- Almond oil
Pro-tip: Extract the color from any bright colored vegetable or fruits by grating/ blending it with no water. Squeeze the liquids from it using a muslin/ cheese cloth. Use it as a food coloring- I use it to color muffin icing as it doesn’t effect the taste/ smell.
- Combine your dry ingredients (citric acid and baking soda) in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine your wet ingredients in a different bowl.
- Slowly, add the wet mix to the dry mix and whisk until well-combined (The mixture will start reacting when you pour the wet mix. Keep whisking continuously).
- You’re looking for a dum mixture that clump when pressed.
- Add more/ less water if needed.
- In a silicone mold, muffin tins or Christmas ornaments, pack the mixture in and press tightly.
- Let it set for 1-2 days in a room temperature. Carefully, release from the mold- I use 2 at a time because they are small. Enjoy!