Ain’t gonna try to tell you how great, tasty, and easy-to-make Hummus is and how much I love it. Let’s just not go down that road because it’s gonna get serious lol.
1 1/2 C cooked chickpeas- or 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed
1/4 C Tahini- Check out my recipe
Juice of 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
1 tiny garlic clove
1/2 tsp cumin- Optional
1 tsp chilli flakes/ chilli pepper- Optional
Water- to thin it out
- Chuck all the ingredients except for the water in a food processor and blend.
- Stop in between and scrape the sides.
- Keep blending and adding water gradually until you get a nice creamy consistency.
- Once you get there, give it a taste test to adjust salt.
- Store in a glass jar/ container and use within in a week.
- If you ain’t got any tahini, you can replace it with smooth peanut butter. It’s not as good as tahini, but it should do the trick.
- Get as creative as you wish. Add coriander and lime, or curry spice, or Mexican spices!